Friday, April 20, 2007

Quiet Lately

While I live in Charlottesville, I have lots of connections with Virginia Tech. The connections include two members of my family, and there are many graduates of Tech where I work. In fact, many of the structural engineering studies at work are done in conjunction with engineers at Tech.
The son of family friends was one of the lucky students who survived being shot. He used his foot to block the door so the shooter couldn’t come back in after reloading. I can’t imagine recovering from just witnessing something like that. He was shot through the arm, but the bullet missed an artery, so he’s mending.
I won’t add anything more about my thinking, etc. There's enough to read on the net already. But it has caused me to refrain from the usual posting.

No comments: