Saturday, September 20, 2008

Election Excitement Runs High (Not)


Taken on an early morning on the Charlottesville Downtown Mall.
Well, it looks like the “mall” CVS is also not able to summon much excitement in regards to politics, either. This was their window display on a recent Saturday.

I’ve voted in every election I could for many years now. Whoever I vote for doesn’t win, with the exception of very local elections.

As I mentioned in the sidebar, I don’t have a TV anymore. Nonetheless, I was at a friend’s house and saw a discussion between two news clones recently. Essentially, it was a discussion about how well each candidate would “sell” in various states. There was not a trace of any interest in either candidate’s agenda. It was a marketing analysis.

Well, one of them is going to be voted “off the island.”

No comments: